need a project?

Buying a used experimental of known design, no problem, I'm on my fourth. Buying a used experimental with structural modifications, unless I personally knew the abilities of the person making the mods or did a structural analysis myself, no way.

I guess that's why it's only $900.

Buying a used experimental of known design, no problem, I'm on my fourth. Buying a used experimental with structural modifications, unless I personally knew the abilities of the person making the mods or did a structural analysis myself, no way.

I guess that's why it's only $900.

You say “used,” but are we even certain it’s ever been flown? I may not be the best pilot, but I’ve been around the block a few times and I can think of much cheaper and less exciting ways to commit suicide! Lol

Questions: if someone were to buy this, would there be enough work left to meet the owner-produced rule (or whatever it is) to even qualify as the builder? How did the builder deviate from the original plans....the materials used? “Tail tested to 8 G’s,” what about the wing?

The FAA only cares that it was built by amateurs, they don't care who the builder is, as long as there's build documentation. The guy who registers it may not be able to get the repairman certificate, though, if the DAR isn't convinced he has enough knowledge of the construction.

Not interested ,as I’m not a test pilot.

I heard/read a LongEZ builder explained the wing beef-ups he'd done to Burt Rutan; supposedly Burt congratulated him on turning a 6G airplane into a 2G airplane. . .

Back