Need a new cheap digital watch.

wickedsprint

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wickedsprint
Yesterday was a sad day; the strap on my 14.99 Casio gave up the ghost after about 5 yrs of abuse.

Need a cheap replacement.

If anyone has a favorite Casio or Timex type that does dual time zones and stopwatch they'd recommend I'm open to suggestions.

yje4a4u9.jpg

The Timex Expedition watches have always done good daily-service for me.

Jeff

Go to your favorite big box store and see what's on sale. You're not asking for anything even slightly unusual.

My son wanted a wristwatch when he was 2. I found an $8 Timex at K-Mart he could destroy.

Ironman Triathlon. Zulu time with the button facing you. Wal-Mart.

I transitioned from 'spensive dive watches, like Heuer Leonides, to less nice name brand watches, to ten dollar Casio digitals, to no watch at all.

No point to it, I always have a time piece available to me in one form or the other anyway. My telephone is like a watch on cycling doping agents.

I transitioned from 'spensive dive watches, like Heuer Leonides, to less nice name brand watches, to ten dollar Casio digitals, to no watch at all.

No point to it, I always have a time piece available to me in one form or the other anyway. My telephone is like a watch on cycling doping agents.

I gave up the heavy watches too. I just wanted something easy to time cross country legs while I'm in training.

Ironman Triathlon. Zulu time with the button facing you. Wal-Mart.

+1 Great watch and I'll get another when this one dies. I wear it everywhere for anything except going to a nice dinner, or occasion. I have other watches for that. I swim and shower with it all the time, including snorkling and I've had it diving down to 40ft no problem. Get the metal band, they last longer and look better over the long haul.

I just wanted something easy to time cross country legs while I'm in training.
Try this one for $6 at WalMart and velcro it to your kneeboard or yoke.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Digital-Timer-00534W/14913165
Been using it for some time now to attach to the yoke in the sim I use for instrument training to time approaches and holds. One AAA penlight cell, easy to use, easy to read, compact and cheap. And you can use it for your instrument rating later on, too.

I see that Timex has a new Ironman with an alarm that vibrates. I think that would be cool for settings a timer in the cockpit.

The Ironman is a great watch. I use mine to show local time and zulu on the other button.

Try this one for $6 at WalMart and velcro it to your kneeboard or yoke.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Digital-Timer-00534W/14913165
Been using it for some time now to attach to the yoke in the sim I use for instrument training to time approaches and holds. One AAA penlight cell, easy to use, easy to read, compact and cheap. And you can use it for your instrument rating later on, too.

Good idea, thanks! Yoke not as much of an option since it's a helicopter, but I think I could fit that on my kneeboard for sure.

Casio Waveceptor model on my wrist because it sets itself to WWV nightly. Cheap, accurate... What's not to love?

What about just a new band?

Yesterday was a sad day; the strap on my 14.99 Casio gave up the ghost after about 5 yrs of abuse.

Need a cheap replacement.

If anyone has a favorite Casio or Timex type that does dual time zones and stopwatch they'd recommend I'm open to suggestions.

yje4a4u9.jpg

I just go to WalMart and dig through the selection until I find the best $30 will buy me.
I don't even worry about changing the batteries, but I've got a little chineese watchmaker who will take care of that for me as well.

The best one was my diving watch which was $8. Allegedly good to 200M, I've had it to about 30. It's still going strong and if it dies, it was only $8.

Back