Need a name for my business

bigred177

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
bigred
I finished up my last day last week as an employee of the patent firm I was doing drafting for. A lot of the attorneys still wanted to use me as a contractor since most of it would take too much of their time. So I need a business license to contract back with them. I will only be doing patent drafting services, no architectural or mechanical. I could only think of something boring like Landon Burge Patent Drafting Services. So I thought I might see if you guys could help me come up with something a little more creative.

Create away :D

Sounds like a very specialized skill and you are not marketing to the public. Your asset in this business is your name that is known to your clients. If you form an entity like an inc or llc, just append the letters to your name and be done with it. If you are planning to market with an ad in 'patent attorneys weekly', you may want to include what you do into your companies name.

I'd call it The Draft Board, LLC.

Sounds like a very specialized skill and you are not marketing to the public. Your asset in this business is your name that is known to your clients. If you form an entity like an inc or llc, just append the letters to your name and be done with it. If you are planning to market with an ad in 'patent attorneys weekly', you may want to include what you do into your companies name.

This is just going to be a sole ownership, non-incorporated business. So nothing with LLC or the like.

A single-member LLC is nothing more than a proprietorship with (perhaps)some protection against non-professional liability claims. You use your own tax ID and the entity is disregarded for income tax purposes, so no separate tax return is necessary.
This is just going to be a sole ownership, non-incorporated business. So nothing with LLC or the like.

If your customers know who you are and are going to use you because of your knowledge and reputation, then use <your name here> Drafting.

But I'd like Draft Dodgers myself.....

Would the sale of the biz (in a couple of years, when it is grossing 5M and he wants out) be improved if its name is not his own?

If your customers know who you are and are going to use you because of your knowledge and reputation, then use <your name here> Drafting.

But I'd like Draft Dodgers myself.....

This is how it would start out. But with word of mouth plus a little advertising I might do, maybe some extra business would come in who don't already know me.

That is a pretty fun name :)

That is a pretty fun name :)
First Round Draft
First Draft
Final Draft
Deep Draft
Draft Horse
And my personal favorite: What Do You Have on Draft?

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Draft-o-rama

What's Drafted ?

International House of Patent Drafts

Worldwide Patent Drafts

Deadline Draftsmen
Cold Draft (on tap)
Patient Patent Drafters
A Fine Line
Detailed Drawings
Patently True Drafting
Mechanical Advantage
Thousand Words Drafting
It Figures...

So far, I think Draft Horse is the best, but use it on your card.

LB Patent Drafting Services
Landon Burge
Lead Draft Horse

I think patent drawings are quite interesting. If one submitted a regular 2d, 3 view with annotations would that be rejected by the USPTO?

Patently Waiting
Patents R Yours

Wow, I'm at a creative low. I'm usually much better than this....

First Draft
Drafts-R-Us
Acme Drafting and Mail Order Coyote Supply

Draft Pick
Draft Choice

Lines on Paper.

T-Square and Triangle Drafting.

Oops, I'm a little behind the times, but this thread made me flash back to my college drafting classes. :redface:

Just got back from the courthouse. Y'all now know the new owner of The Draft House patent drafting services. :) The other finalists were it figures and what's on draft (or some variation). Thanks for all of the help guys.

Back