Need a iPad Mini 6 Otterbox Mount

LmannyR

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Luis R
Getting back into flying. Picked up the recommended iPad mini 6 with Pencil. I used the pencil prior and loved it. Thought the screen was a tad too big though back then. I do love the Otterboxes though. They are supper rugged and have LIFETIME warranty.

I had a ram mount “Tab Tite” suctioned to windshield that I ran in the cockpit and in my boat. Excellent holding power! With the fingerprint button on the top of the mini 6, RAM hasn’t developed a Tab Tite to allow the fingerprint access.

I’ve seen the PIVOT cases….seems great, but warranty is only 90 days.

Anyone have any ideas for a side windshield mount?

I use the RAM EZ-Roll'r Cradle for Apple iPad Mini 6 with suction cup mount in the lower left corner of my windshield. I have a basic cover on the iPad that I remove before flight and so I can place the iPad in the cradle. Works great for me.

Trying to avoid taking it in and out of the case.

I have the EZ-Roll'r and im very happy with it.
I do have the Apple cover on it so it just takes a second to get it out of the case.
I must admit it is not as rugged as the Otterbox would be.

Yup we use otterboxes on our phones and one I pad. But I don't use a otterbox for the i pad for the plane since I take it out of the case to snap into the ram mount in the plane. The otterbox is super tough but too much trouble to remove it for every flight. It also seems it might too bulky for use in a small plane?

I just thought about something.
When we first started to get ipads at work we had an otterbox case for it and the aircraft had an otterbox branded mount on a RAM ballmount.
I just checked the website and they son't seem to be making any more mounts for their cases.

Back