Need a Good General Aviation For Commuting...Got Any Advice?!?!?

I think you just did!! :D

Any and all maintenance on an Experimental-Amatuer Build aircraft can be done by anyone. Even that annoying 8 year old kid from across the street can do maintenance on it. However, it's up to the owner/operator to ensure the maintenance is done properly. That's not written, it's just common sense.

That's fairly earth shattering. I'm largely useless with my hands other than typing and flying, so I doubt I'll do much with the information, but it's still good to know. I'll look into it a little further just so I'm better informed.

I'd be inclined to start the effort with something boring like a PA-28 or C-182 (that's my plane, ha!) and figure out the logistics. Once you decide you're happy with the arrangement you can buy something more exotic.

Of course my vote would be a Cessna 210; plenty are flown solo, but have 6 seats and plenty of speed, carrying capacity and legroom. There are trade-offs for virtually any plane though.

SR22 - Fast, economical on gas (11.8 GPH @166 knots lean of peak...or go 180 - 185 rich of peak), comfortable, stable in turbulence, and one mean IFR machine with every potential safety device imaginable, including TKS (emergency deice) and FIKI (flight ok into known icing).

I fly that route often (to KOAK). Nice, easy 2 hour ride, sometimes less.

Back