Need a CFII to provide training in a Columbia 400 near KIXD

Jason Jennings

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CAV Ice
Myself and a co-worker are planning on getting our instrument ratings in our company's Columbia 400 (once it comes back from avionics upgrades in 2 weeks), but we are having a difficult time finding an instructor in the area. A couple of the instructors we had lined up have moved on to other positions. Does anyone know someone in the area or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Talk to air associates at OJC. They've got a Corvalis, as well as instructors for it. It should be essentially the same as a 400

I saw the Corvalis couple weeks ago, nice airplane. I can't remember the rates, though. It's out of my league.

I actually spoke to his co-worker last night :)

Everyone with any experience is booked up, if you can wait a month or two to get started......

I saw the Corvalis couple weeks ago, nice airplane. I can't remember the rates, though. It's out of my league.

It was listed at 387/hr last time I was in there (about 2 weeks ago)

Talk to air associates at OJC. They've got a Corvalis, as well as instructors for it. It should be essentially the same as a 400

I could be wrong, but I don't believe they allow their CFI's to teach outside of their fleet.

Amazing how far reaching Guy Who Knows a Guy Incorporated is.

What about an outfit like PIC, where the instructor comes to you?
(Paging Cap'n Ron.......)

I'm using our company plane, so I'll have to pay for fuel and the instructor. It's going to be a little steep burning 40/hr on takeoff, but I figured I would learn in our plane since it is the one I'll be flying afterwards.

I'm using our company plane, so I'll have to pay for fuel and the instructor. It's going to be a little steep burning 40/hr on takeoff, but I figured I would learn in our plane since it is the one I'll be flying afterwards.
I'm pretty sure the Air Associates OJC instructors, like Sam said earlier, are restricted to instructing only in their fleet.

I am on a KC aviation FB group, I can ask around for some names for you. I probably missed the specifics above - two of you are looking for IR training in a Columbia 400?

(Also, @ja_user probably knows a guy!)

I'm pretty sure the Air Associates OJC instructors, like Sam said earlier, are restricted to instructing only in their fleet.

I am on a KC aviation FB group, I can ask around for some names for you. I probably missed the specifics above - two of you are looking for IR training in a Columbia 400?

(Also, @ja_user probably knows a guy!)
Yes, a co-worker and I were looking for an instructor to train us in our company owned airplane (Columbia 400).

Back