Necrotized Pancreas

Before you become too judgmental, people who have never drank a day in their lives can have this condition.
At what rate? And find me someone with it not suffering autoimmune maladies, which are easily detectable.

Correct. But chronic pancreatitis can lead to pancreatic cancer.
Indeed it can, but usually not if its necrotising. Inflammation can drive cellular proliferation, which can lead to cancer. Pancreatic cancer is mostly driven by inherited tumor suppressor mutations, but can be driven by smoking. Biggest problem with pancreatic cancer is it doesn't start to cause symptoms until it's pretty far along. Caught early it is treatable, but it usually isn't caught until it's too late to do anything about it. Suckwad way to go, though I haven't seen any that are any better save my mother in law, who just fell over and died one day.

Last edited:
Biggest problem with pancreatic cancer is it doesn't start to cause symptoms until it's pretty far along. Caught early it is treatable, but it usually isn't caught until it's too late to do anything about it. Suckwad way to go, though I haven't seen any that are any better save my mother in law, who just fell over and died one day.

It is. The guy I knew lived 9 months after diagnosis. He had no symptoms prior to that, then GI symptoms led to the dx. It was awful. He was 51.

My mother’s mother had a headache one day and lay down on the couch. A few minutes later she was dead. Burst aneurysm. At autopsy they found metastatic cancer for which she’d had no symptoms but it wasn’t pancreatic. It was probably a blessing the aneurysm blew when it did. She was around 54. I was only 3 months old so never got to know her. By all accounts she was an incredibly sweet woman.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back