Necro threads lost track of what was read...

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
We've had several old threads resurrected recently. The annoying part to me is now, the software seems to have lost track of what I'd read before. For example, the Raptor thread I had kept up with until the cornfield debacle, but when it resurrected, I started reading before I realized I was simply at the beginning not where it had picked up. This is not the way this used to behave (unless these are just so old the software does lose track and I never noticed it?)

I agree, it's annoying. And there should be a minimum post count before it lets you resurrect a necro thread.

I agree, it's annoying. And there should be a minimum post count before it lets you resurrect a necro thread.
I’m not sure how or if that’s a parameter we can adjust, I’d have to check. Of course threads that have sat idle for a year or more, require the user to click the checkbox acknowledging they understand it’s an old thread before posting.

As for the OP, I really don’t know why it’s doing that :dunno:

I find that with old threads, it doesn't automatically take to the new post(s), but the "go to first unread" button at the top of the page is there and it works.

What's the magic number on how old? Anybody know?

In the grand scheme of things this is a nit but hey, my life is good enough I can be bothered by this.

require the user to click the checkbox acknowledging they understand it’s an old thread before posting
indeed, but it does seem that many of our Lazarus threads are from new peeps. Sort of like the ability to post links, might just be an extra step

Cheers

indeed, but it does seem that many of our Lazarus threads are from new peeps. Sort of like the ability to post links, might just be an extra step

Cheers

I assume they're landing here on a google search, registering, shoving their two cents in, and often then disappearing forever :D Seems to be the pattern anyway.

Pepperidge Farms remembers attention spans.

I assume they're landing here on a google search, registering, shoving their two cents in, and often then disappearing forever :D Seems to be the pattern anyway.

Pepperidge Farms remembers attention spans.

For those who've been on the internet long enough: AOL:the September that never ended...

Back