Neat Glider Video

Thats a pretty neat video. If you could only get that darn rope to hold still;) I thought I was in the matrix when you released.

That was one of the most interesting flying videos I've ever seen. Even the crazy distorted parts don't spoil the novelty of that POV.

Despite my eyes rolling around in my head while watching...that is dang cool!

Should try the camera on the tow hook latch. On the tow end so you dont get all of those oscillations.

Should try the camera on the tow hook latch. On the tow end so you dont get all of those oscillations.
Or mount it low on the tail of the towplane... but I like this crazy video. One of the best things is that you can hear the air flowing over the rope clearly, above the towplane engine in the background.

Well I got two cameras. Maybe I should mount one facing the Tug, and one facing the glider next time

heh - one of the guys in my glider club has a camera with a headband attachment. He posted his first-solo video. It was pretty funny, he dubbed over "The U.S. Air Force" (the "Wild Blue Yonder" song). But it didn't drown out his voice. As soon as the glider lifted off the ground, he said, "HOOOOOLY SHIIIII....!!!"

Back