NBC Nightly News - Aug. 14th

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Just watching the Today show when Brian Williams reported the agenda for tonight's NBC nightly news. In short, NBC is investigating "why airlines are not the only ones causing delays at the airports..."

We'll just have to see what happens at 6:30. :dunno:

Just watching the Today show when Brian Williams reported the agenda for tonight's NBC nightly news. In short, NBC is investigating "why airlines are not the only ones causing delays at the airports..."

This should be good! :rolleyes:

Just another example of "Perception is Reality". If the airlines via the news media can alter "perception" then they can, in turn, alter reality...

YEah but who believes NBC? Or ABC or Fox or CBS or CNN, etc?

The American public continues to fault news organizations for a number of perceived failures, with solid majorities criticizing them for political bias, inaccuracy and failing to acknowledge mistakes. But some of the harshest indictments of the press now come from the growing segment that relies on the internet as its main source for national and international news.
348-1.gif
Couple that with the poor ratings of network news and I doubt that too many people will be getting this message. What will have to be watched is, regardless of what is said, if anyone else starts to pick it up. It isn't until one news source starts quoting other news sources that most people begin to become aware of a story.

The source of this stuff is http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=348 but be careful there is a lot of political stuff about the survey and if you really want to discuss the survey take it to the Spin Zone. I am just saying that 1. There has a been a long turn down swing in people believing that TV news is credible and 2. That rating of network news has decreased.

Last edited:

I don't think it will matter what they say one way or the other. After all, how many watch NBC Nightly News anyway, a few thousand?

I don't think it will matter what they say one way or the other. After all, how many watch NBC Nightly News anyway, a few thousand?
Well, quite a few more than watch cute, quirky Katie Couric. The network has already begun to question their judgment over that one. But, I suppose she would be more in favor of user fees and would probably help push the effort... DURING her "news" broadcast.

Did anyone see the front page on the WSJ yesterday? Great article... first one that really talks about the RJ movement and increase in those flights vs. GA...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Well.....

That followed Jack Welch and showed him wasting all that fuel and a slot in the very crowded air that could be used by an airliner to take his one backside in his Gulfstream....

or not.

Nice to see them pretty much blame the airlines. Almost no mention of the airlines' alleged nemesis - the "hotshot" business jet flyer.

Is it just me, or is ol' Marion Blakely a scary lookin' lady?

Nice to see them pretty much blame the airlines. Almost no mention of the airlines' alleged nemesis - the "hotshot" business jet flyer.

Is it just me, or is ol' Marion Blakely a scary lookin' lady?

yep, there was basically one line where they said the airlines are blaming private jets... that was about it...

hmm... maybe a little scary

Yeah -- that's her!!! -- I knew I saw her somewhere before!!!!

Yeah -- that's her!!! -- I knew I saw her somewhere before!!!!
You mean.... Mama?

It wasn't as bad as I expected but it won't be the last of the story by any means. Without kicking this to the spin zone, I'll say this much. At some point, there are going to be attacks on GA by way of the wealthy achievers who own many of the small aircraft and light jets. At some point, I expect a reporter to slam the "privileged private pilots."

You mean.... Mama?

It wasn't as bad as I expected but it won't be the last of the story by any means. Without kicking this to the spin zone, I'll say this much. At some point, there are going to be attacks on GA by way of the wealthy achievers who own many of the small aircraft and light jets. At some point, I expect a reporter to slam the "privileged private pilots."

I think the thing to be asking is if it's not about the available concrete, then how exactly is my Cessna 152 or Cessna Citation that isn't flying anywhere near a Bravo airport is causing delays at said airport?

Also, I wonder how many bizjets actually utilize the Bravos. I figure I wouldn't want to deal with the mess that's associated with those airports, including ground traffic to/from the airport.

I actually thought it was a good report. The reporter hits on the increased number of RJ's operated by the airline & capacity issues. Basically they come out and say that the airlines are causing their own problems. They do mention the airlines side of the story: blaming biz jets (briefly). I walked away thinking that it was scheduling and capacity - not biz jets - after watching the video.

I think the thing to be asking is if it's not about the available concrete, then how exactly is my Cessna 152 or Cessna Citation that isn't flying anywhere near a Bravo airport is causing delays at said airport?

Also, I wonder how many bizjets actually utilize the Bravos. I figure I wouldn't want to deal with the mess that's associated with those airports, including ground traffic to/from the airport.

agreed... it seems like one of the positives of having a bizjet would be to avoid the hassles of the Class Bravo..

Back