NBAA/EAA/AOPA req to help

I got the email from EAA and used their link.

Adding privatization back in without the opportunity for public comment is a reprehensible tactic. I wish I could say I’m surprised.

How is there no public comment? The bill is being debated in a legislative committee hearing. Additionally, AOPA/NBAA's hype on this is way off base...it simply says the FAA ATO COO should report to the Secretary.

I got the email from EAA and used their link.

Adding privatization back in without the opportunity for public comment is a reprehensible tactic. I wish I could say I’m surprised.

Agreed. My initial reaction was "son of a *****" before remembering that we knew something would happen...he was not going to go down that easy.

How is there no public comment? The bill is being debated in a legislative committee hearing. Additionally, AOPA/NBAA's hype on this is way off base...it simply says the FAA ATO COO should report to the Secretary.

Regardless of whether that’s true or not, tossing a major change like that into a bill as a late edit through what’s essentially an end run around the committee process, was seen for what it was. Inappropriate. The moron had plenty of time to bring that up long ago or write it that way into the Bill long before now. He wanted debate to be short and to try to sneak it by, even if the meeting is “public”.

There’s “public comment” with reasonable timeframes and “public comment” that’s done in the dead of night with no significant time for anyone to process it.

He’s apparently the sort of scum bag who would use the latter after having his even dumber proposal shot down in a normal debate process.

That everyone was carefully watching him pretty much proves they all could smell the sleaze coming off of him after the last round.

Back