Navy T-6 down

Maxnr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
A US Navy T-6 based at Whiting field crashed in Alabama this afternoon. Both pilots ejected safely and walked out of the woods OK.

Would have to be. I live here… didn’t hear about it yet. Will keep my ear open tomorrow.

I'm assuming that this is a T-6A Texan II, not a vintage one?
I understand that the old T-6 didn't have ejection seats. I doubt that any US military org still use radial engines.

I understand that the old T-6 didn't have ejection seats. I doubt that any US military org still use radial engines.
I get that, but when you see the thread title and hope it's not one of your buddies that flies a North American Aviation T-6 - it would be nice to change the thread title.

The title does that. If it was a Navy North American “T-6” it would properly be an SNJ. :D

My uncle was a naval flight instructor in WWII. I would catch holy hell if I referred to the airplane in question as a T6 or Texan. I’m mean, the man had SNJ on his car license plate.

The title does that. If it was a Navy North American “T-6” it would properly be an SNJ. :D
"Ejection seat" says it all. Amen. A/C & crew landed three miles apart near a point on the AL map called "Gateswood" about 15 NW of Pensacola.

Back