Navion

LJS1993

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LJ Savala
Yesterday a friend of mine who was once into flying and myself were discussing different aircraft and this type of aircraft came up. He mentioned this aircraft and I was wondering if any of you guys have been in this plane? If so what are your opinions on how it feels, handles, durability, etc.... I believe he had an interest at one time in this aircraft.

I have owned a Navion for 18 years and am a board member of the American Navion Society. The plane is easy on the controls (not twitchy but along the lines of any other light single). The airframe is very durable. You sit high on the ground and visibility in the air is great. The only downside is that the systems are a bit more involved than your average Bonanza or Arrow, but not overly so.

I invite you to check out the American Navion Society website at www.navionsociety.org.
I'm in the process of revamping it, but there's good info there.

Having run the numbers with a few Navion owners it looks like they compare closely to my 182 by the numbers in the factory configuration.

I like them and they seem to be a decent value of you buy right.

They have a reputation for being rugged. The 185 hp versions were thought by some to be underpowered. Some were converted to twins but you don't often seen those.

I have owned a Navion for 18 years and am a board member of the American Navion Society. The plane is easy on the controls (not twitchy but along the lines of any other light single). The airframe is very durable. You sit high on the ground and visibility in the air is great. The only downside is that the systems are a bit more involved than your average Bonanza or Arrow, but not overly so.

I invite you to check out the American Navion Society website at www.navionsociety.org.
I'm in the process of revamping it, but there's good info there.

Nice site!!! It looks like you guys have a huge following.

Back