NavCanada bill

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
How long does it take to get an ATC bill from NavCanada? I passed through their airspace on my way to and from OSH, and still haven't seen anything.

How long does it take to get an ATC bill from NavCanada? I passed through their airspace on my way to and from OSH, and still haven't seen anything.

I went to QC in May and still haven't seen anything, but I rent so maybe the company dropped the ball, but I doubt it.

For an overflight, you may never see a Bill if you were never in contact with Canadian ATC.

Last edited:
I've never done an overflight and talked to Canadian controllers so I can't comment directly on that but every time I've been in Canada and used their ATC services I've been contacted via telephone (the PIC, not the aircraft owner) within a couple weeks of the flight to verify the billing address.

Never flown in Canada so I've never heard of this. How large are these fees?

I've been billed only when landing at a Canadian airport. I've talked to Canadian controllers when flying near Detroit, but never received a bill.

Never flown in Canada so I've never heard of this. How large are these fees?

$16.85 per quarter you fly. $9.92 per day extra if you use one of the 6 big airports they have designated.

Never received a bill on overflights, going to osh. On my trip to AK I did get billed but I landed in Canada.

Here is the pertinent text from NavCanada:
"A foreign-registered aircraft is charged on the basis of the first recorded arrival into a Canadian aerodrome or entry into Canadian airspace, excluding flights between two points in the U.S., during each quarter of the annual fee period."

That should answer your question.
Jon

Here is the pertinent text from NavCanada:
"A foreign-registered aircraft is charged on the basis of the first recorded arrival into a Canadian aerodrome or entry into Canadian airspace, excluding flights between two points in the U.S., during each quarter of the annual fee period."

That should answer your question.
Jon

Huh, well I'll be dinged. Guess I can stop waiting by the mailbox.

Back