Navaid Control Head

flyingriki

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
flyingriki
Am having trouble with mine and looking for a replacement. Missed out on one on E-Bay for $125 and have not seen one since for a reasonable price. Anyone have one sitting on a shelf....:smilewinkgrin:..?

Man, can you give us a little better clue what you want here?

Am having trouble with mine and looking for a replacement. Missed out on one on E-Bay for $125 and have not seen one since for a reasonable price. Anyone have one sitting on a shelf....:smilewinkgrin:..?

Are you talking about a "Navaid" brand device or are you talking about a CDI for your VOR or VOR/ILS radio?

Do you have a part number?

With response to CDI's, you are aware that there more than just one type of internal configuration (rectilinear or pendulum, lighted or not, Glideslope or not, TSO or not), particularly with the King series, right?

Tell us what you really want, and we are more likely to help you find it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, sorry for the confusion to you certified types! Navaid is an experimental autopilot brand that recently closed it's doors. It's the cheapest, simplest wing leveler out there but nobody works on them. The servos are pretty bullet proof and I know the motor type should that fail but the head is a different story.....:nonod:
Many folks using them have upgraded to at least a Trio brand but it can be used with the same servo so some have the old Navaid head on the shelf, hence the question.
Thanks again for the interest in helping!

Well, I guess this is mostly a certified group but thanks anyway! I know it's hard to appreciate the idea of a $150 autopilot head. Though mine is still chugging along nicely, I'd like to find a backup for its potential croaking some day.
Thanks anyway!

We're all too busy envying your ability to buy and use state-of-the-art avionics without mortgaging the house!

So.

Sorry we couldn't help *this* time, but come around often.

I am looking to buy a Trio Pro pilot. If I can find a used one, or if I end up buying new, I will have an AP-1 to sell.

Back