National Learn to Fly Day - May 15, 2010

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Everyone,

I heard about this on an AvWeb podcast yesterday, and today I signed up to lead a seminar at The 1940 Air Terminal Museum as part of this event. An organization is putting together an event called National Learn to Fly Day on May 15, 2010, which is designed to get people interested in learning how to fly in touch with flight schools so that they can realize their dream. They've asked that flight schools or other aviation organizations host workshops in their areas to give information on the process of learning to fly, and are providing presentation and distribution materials for the organizations to use. This falls in conjunction with our May Wings & Wheels at the museum, which will be Beechcraft Day (Spike!), so I will be giving this presentation that afternoon at the museum. Check out this link for more information, to find an event in your area, or to find out how you can give this presentation too!

http://www.learntoflyday.com

This is a neat Idea. The date is the same day as the Wings FlyBQ at KLOM. 'll talk to Tom Dougherty at Montgomery County Aviation and see if we can't incorporate it into the FlyBQ somehow. Get more folks flying and exposing them to POA at the same time thats a win/win.

This is a neat Idea. The date is the same day as the Wings FlyBQ at KLOM. 'll talk to Tom Dougherty at Montgomery County Aviation and see if we can't incorporate it into the FlyBQ somehow. Get more folks flying and exposing them to POA at the same time thats a win/win.

Good thinking!

Very cool. I will foward this info around.

Still need to get down to Hobby so I can buy some raffle tix!

I saw the thread about free flights being good for small airports and thought of Learn to Fly Day.

Our club decided to donate 3 planes, and three instructors will donate their time. Each plane will be good for 3 2hr intro flights.

We're doing it in cooperation with one of the FBOs on the field and hope to get some new student pilots out of the deal.

Joe

Back