Nate's First Flight!

ScottPA

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
ScottPA
Nate went flying today! We took off, stayed in the pattern and landed full stop. I asked if he had fun which he answered "yes". I asked if he wanted to go again and he again said "yes". So we took off again and followed I-79 to the North so he could look out and see the cars. Then we made a few turns so he could look out and see the lake. After that, we flew back and landed again at Zelienople.

He loved it. He said he only got scared once. I asked him when he was scared and he replied "when we turned". I told him that will just take getting used to since the plane doesn't turn like a car. It has to roll into the turns. He said he can't wait to go again!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• SSPX0127.jpg
    SSPX0127.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 28
  • SSPX0129.jpg
    SSPX0129.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 39
  • SSPX0131.jpg
    SSPX0131.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 39
  • SSPX0133.jpg
    SSPX0133.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 38
Very cool, Scott! Maybe it's going to become a Thanksgiving tradition with Nate. :yes:

Mari, my wife and her parents said the same thing when we got back. I hope it's a lot more frequent!

Steve, I agree. He'll be 5 on December 14. Leah, who is currently 7 months old, will be flying within a year. Add another flying family to the list. :)

How neat Scott! Sounds like you made it very enjoyable for him. :) You know you've done good when you have them looking forward to the next flight by the time the first one is over. :)

Love your new avatar too. :smile:

Mine were 14 and 7 days. One is now a soil scientist with the NRCS and the other is majoring in architecture. Flying was just a normal part of growing up for them.

Planes fly, but so does time. Make the most of it while you can. The young ones grow up so fast these days. They remember everything, even if they don't act like it sometimes. I can tell you've already given them a great start.

Mari, my wife and her parents said the same thing when we got back. I hope it's a lot more frequent!

Steve, I agree. He'll be 5 on December 14. Leah, who is currently 7 months old, will be flying within a year. Add another flying family to the list. :)

Last edited:
Here's our 5-year-old grandson flying with Grandpa. :) The second picture is Grandpa's desktop photo. Jack LOVES to fly. :yes: He also wants to do aerobatics. I hope I'm still flying in 10 years so that I can take him.

Attachments

• Jack in back 50.jpg
    Jack in back 50.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Jack in back 2 50.jpg
    Jack in back 2 50.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 27
Back