Nasonex

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Saw my ENT today. Funny guy, and very cool to talk to.

Want to confirm here that Nazonex (and similar steroids) is OK with FAA?

Yes, I've reported Nasocort before and it wasn't an issue.

My AME said to try it for a few days before flying to see how it affects you. I seem to do fine on it, but prefer some other accepted antihistamines first if they control things. Nasonex tends to really dry out my sinus passages which can lead to other issues.

Best,

Dave

"Other" accepted antihistamines? :confused:
Not sure what you mean, but Nasonex is a steroid, not an antihistamine. If you need a steroid to control allergies, you don't want to substitute antihistamines, accepted or no.

What I meant is antihistamines are what I usually use to control allergies (I made the assumption that was the issue). Sometimes I also use Nasonex, but it really dries out my sinus passages. I guess I was thinking of my situation. In any case, Nasonex doesn't affect my balance, cloud judgement, etc. Clariten and other antihistamines that don't cross the blood/brain barrier have been recommended by my AME in the past and there was an FAA web site that listed antihistamines to consider. In each case, they recommend trying it a few days before flying to see how it affects you. Sorry if the Nasonex was for another issue.

Best,

Dave

Hmph. I thought this was a thread about a new John Monnett design ... <disappointed>

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back