Nashville Master Class (whatever that means) This Sat

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Join Us For A Live Master Class On Takeoffs And Landings.
final-approach.jpg

What: Join us for a live master class on takeoffs, landings, and how to fix the common mistakes of both.

Where: COPA Migration at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN.

When: Saturday, September 16th at 2:45 PM (more details)

I suspect it's a bait and switch scheme. You go in thinking your going to learn about landing and taking off and then they're gonna try and sell you something. This one is particularly insidious. Beware of the Master Baiter.

Beats me, send them an inquiry. I ain't going, I already know how to crash, uh, land a aeroplane. As far as you know anyway. :D

Yeah, sounds like it's going to be busy. The president of our club (based just east of Nashville) forwarded this a couple weeks ago:

NASHVILLE AREA FLIGHT ADVISORY
September 13, 14 and 17

A training seminar for Cirrus pilots is scheduled for these dates in Nashville, TN. The expectation is that up to 225 flights will utilize KBNA and KMQY for this event. Special IFR and VFR procedures have been developed for these aircraft into and out of the Nashville airspace during this high demand period. It is advisable to avoid flying to these airports on these dates. It is also possible that services may be denied to aircraft requesting VFR flight following in the immediate area. Practice approaches at KBNA, KMQY and KMBT will not be provided. Additionally, practice approaches at KJWN, M33, M54, M91, and 1M5 are highly discouraged.

Arrival days/times are Sep. 13-14 from sunrise to sunset both days.
Departures will occur only on Sep. 17 starting at sunrise until done.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email at:
Christopher.m.williams@faa.gov

Thanks,
Chris Williams
Nashville ATCT

"Master Class".

My landings improved when I started flying a wider pattern. Also, not carrying excess speed.

I would like some guidance on flaps / no flaps / some flaps in a cross wind, and exactly when to raise the gear. Then there's the "add half the gust factor" rule of thumb.

What could the class talk about that's not going to be pretty specific to a particular model?

"Master Class".

My landings improved when I started flying a wider pattern. Also, not carrying excess speed.

I would like some guidance on flaps / no flaps / some flaps in a cross wind, and exactly when to raise the gear. Then there's the "add half the gust factor" rule of thumb.

What could the class talk about that's not going to be pretty specific to a particular model?
They only have 2 models to talk about, the 20 and the 22. Okay there are model year changes to deal with so a little variation.

Flaps? yes, all the time (crosswind doesn't matter). Raise the gear when no more usable runway remains or at positive rate for a multi.
Yes, add half the gust factor but no more than X knots for gusty conditions. X varies...

oh. heh. I didn't understand what COPA was. I thought this was an FAA thing.

Back