Nashua XC Flyers - Comanche club

airheadpenguin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
airheadpenguin
I'm starting a flying club at Nashua (KASH) for folks who want to go places. A Warrior or 172 certainly will get your around but consider this:

• A Comanche goes 250nm farther in 4 hours than a Warrior
  • Planning for $50/hr in maintenance a Comanche costs less to operate per hour than a Warrior

The plan is to find 3 more members, for a total of 4,to join in this venture so that we can maintain good schedule availability. This is your chance to build a club around the airplane you want rather than finding a club with an airplane you like well enough.

Initial buy in is expected to be $5000 to $7000 depending on the airplane selected. This is the same buy-in as most of the Warrior clubs on the field, more information is on the website: http://nashuaxc.com

For more information PM me

I commend your idea, as a Comanche 250 owner there are a few things I would make sure you are aware of before proceeding in signing up members.

#1 insurance: make sure you know where you are going to get the insurance from and what requirements you provider will ask for. Since a Comanche is a complex aircraft all pilots will need to be complex endorsed and enough time in complex to make the ins people happy.

#2 Horn AD: when you are looking for an aircraft, make sure to find out how the horn AD was accomplished. The newest (and best IMHO) is replacing it with a horn out of Australia. Read up on it.

#3 look into the International Comanche Society, great resource of info. I'm a member. There is also a Delphi forum on Comanches that is pretty active also.

And obviously, when looking at an aircraft make sure you have a prebuy done by someone that really knows a Comanche.

Good luck with your endeavor.

vfsit thanks for the advice. I'm expecting insurance to be astronomical the first year since we'd be basically taking 4 people through their initial retract time. Avemco gave me a ballpark of 3-4k total.

The horn AD is certainly a concern I've been recommended a mechanic on the field who has experience with the Comanche family, also have a friend with a PA-30

ICS is on the list for sure :)

Still working on this, I've got 1 more person that interested and got around to start looking at Comanches this week. All in all its turning into an interesting yet time consuming process. Next up is finding more people, and starting to work on financing

Back