NASA resources for girl scouts events

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
I've been meaning to post the link to NASA's website that is chock full of resources for organizing a Junior Girl Scouts Aerospace badge event. If you visit
http://spaceplace.jpl.nasa.gov/en/kids/girlscouts/index.shtml
they have pretty much everything you need to organize a morning event that will allow the girls to earn their badge right on the spot.
Your local Girl Scouts council website will provide contact info for your area, just start at girlscouts.org and drill down to your state level.
As Adam points out in his recent post, for each 2-3 children you reach you are also reaching 1 parent. I promote aviation education for girls because this kind of opportunity was not available to me when I was a child, so it's personally important to me. I did not realize that I would turn into a GA advocate in the bargain.
Speaking of which, I downloaded the AOPA ad about the ADIZ incursion from their website and posted it on my office door and also over the copier. Got to do a little old fashioned "lobbying" at the office, now where do I send the bill for my $600/hour fee?
Elizabeth

Back