NASA giving away more space artifacts

In 20 years when someone titles a thread like this, we can expect the give aways to be books explaining the achievements the muslim community has given to math and science, as that's there new mission.

Well while the tiles may be "artifacts", they're not particularly historical. The ones actually used are still by and large attached to the three surviving shuttles that had them (Enterprise did not have them except for a few test ones). Even back in the 70's, tile material samples from NASA was not impossible to get. We had one passed around at work (I was working for Martin at the time) and you can buy one yourself in the Kennedy Space Center (probably elsewhere) gift shops.

In 20 years when someone titles a thread like this, we can expect the give aways to be books explaining the achievements the muslim community has given to math and science, as that's there new mission.

Is there something controversial here?

Or should we just be secure in our knowledge that the middle-easterners are experts at camel-raising, hookahs and mobile cheese production?

Is there something controversial here?

Or should we just be secure in our knowledge that the middle-easterners are experts at camel-raising, hookahs and mobile cheese production?

I have no problem with the world understanding what contributions Muslims have given us. I do however, have a problem with it being the mission of NASA.

It's one thing to stop going into space because we don't have the funds. I actually would be ok with shutting them down, and taking the money we spent on NASA and paying down the debt.

However keeping there budget the same, killing the space program, and using them as an education tool in an attempt to change the minds of the children that islamic extremist recrute, so less of them want to bomb us, is an example of what a law professor who became president would do.

It's a stupid way to throw away my tax dollars.

I have no problem with the world understanding what contributions Muslims have given us. I do however, have a problem with it being the mission of NASA.

It's one thing to stop going into space because we don't have the funds. I actually would be ok with shutting them down, and taking the money we spent on NASA and paying down the debt.

However keeping there budget the same, killing the space program, and using them as an education tool in an attempt to change the minds of the children that islamic extremist recrute, so less of them want to bomb us, is an example of what a law professor who became president would do.

It's a stupid way to throw away my tax dollars.

You sound like one of them "Rationalists". (Obscure reference. :wink2:)

Back