NASA Aeronautics competition for high school students

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
If you know any aviation-minded high school students or teachers, let them know about this NASA competition. There are cash-prizes available. My daughter told me about it.

http://aero.larc.nasa.gov/competitions_high.htm

2006-2007 Academic Year High School Competition

Air Transportation in 2057

Part of NASA's mission is to inspire the next generation of engineers, scientists, and explorers. Our hope is that the high school competition will inspire and encourage students to continue with science and engineering in college and beyond. The high school competition asks students to think about the future of air and space transportation and the technical and scientific challenges that will enable it.

The challenge, for individual students or groups:

Individual students: Imagine living and working 50 years into the future. Write a 5-7 page essay describing your informed ideas about how air and space transportation has changed due to the successful implementation of new aeronautics technologies. For example, imagine yourself in a futuristic scenario made possible by very high speed vehicles. Look back on the technical advances that have made such flights routine. This is just one example, students can imagine other ways to address this challenge.

Multi student teams, 2 or more students: In addition to writing a 5 - 7 page essay, support your informed view of future transportation with illustrations and/or interviews with peers, parents, and/or other members of your community. Total page limit is 15 pages.

Only $200 per page? Psh.

Just kidding, might do it. It's kind of tough to think of something completely unique of what is going to happen in the future rather than something generic everyone will think of.

Geesh can't NASA do its own work? Talk about your ultimate outsourcing!!! ;-)

SOunds cool though, is there an age limit? I might want to join in on the fun

Back