NAS power supply died

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
So the power supply died on an ancient Promise NS4300N. The original PS is and Elanpower RP-2015-00. I've got the NAS running now on a Corsair 650W unit (sorta a spendy PS) that was canxd from a desktop machine with a bad mobo. I have a replacement mobo and someday will put the machine back in service so will need the PS for that project.

I can get a replacement RP-2015 for $30 from ebay but somehow that doesn't seem like a really good idea.

Anybody got a good lead on a quality replacement for the RP-2015?

edit: Okay, so it's a flexATX power supply so I've been able to track down better options than fleabay. Would still like to know if folks have a favorite manufacturer for the flexATX form. NAPA doesn't carry them Tim.

Last edited:
They're so commodity nowadays I just grab whatever MicroCenter has in stock cheap.

So the NAS has been resurrected and the task of copying it to another NAS is just about complete. I bought a new QNAP as a replacement mostly because I don't trust it so much anymore.

The new QNAP is head and shoulders above the Promise and the Terastation NASs I currently have in service. The QNAP OS actually works as more than a drive manager and is quite fast.

QNAP gets my vote.

Well NAPA didn't have a replacement power supply so had to go to AutoEgg to get one shipped in...it arrived today - a Solidgear 300w unit with a design MTBF > 150,000 hours.

Well, I should say the NAPA had a power supply but their unit had a design MTBF of 20,000 hours so it wasn't acceptable...

Back