Narco Superhomer Image

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I need a relatively good image of a Narco Superhomer for my Kitplanes magazine article this month. All I can find on line are pretty blurry, low resolution images.

Anybody got a source for a magazine quality image?

Thanks,

Jim

I've got an Omnigator in my collection...

ronspanel.jpg

When I get home later in the week, I can haul it out and shoot a picture for you.

Ron Wanttaja

Wow... what a collection

Wow... what a collection
Best $0 I ever spent.

Pilots have these things, and hate the thought of just throwing them out. I've had them drive to my place with a trunkload, happy to find someone who'll "give them a home." I give the excess to kids.

Actually, I'll fess up: I did buy the big radio in the middle, at a junk store for $10.

Ron Wanttaja

Well, golly. The one of the Superhomer I really want is too small, and the bigger one that MIGHT get by the editor would look a lot better if somebody simply took a sledgehammer and blowtorch to it.

Anybody got one of these old boatanchors they can take a picture of? How about an Omnigator? Any of that very early Narco stuff.

Thanks,

Jim

Well, golly. The one of the Superhomer I really want is too small, and the bigger one that MIGHT get by the editor would look a lot better if somebody simply took a sledgehammer and blowtorch to it.

Anybody got one of these old boatanchors they can take a picture of? How about an Omnigator? Any of that very early Narco stuff.
Omnigator II at:

http://www.wanttaja.com/weir.jpg

...though it probably deserves a blowtorch/sledgehammer as well.

The link itself is the high-resolution version. The photo below is a lower-resolution version of the same shot so folks can see it without downloading.
weir2.jpg

Ron Wanttaja

The old radios really bring back memories of my grandad's old planes and some of the trades my father took in. Our old family 310 had two Mark 12A radios. It didn't take them that long to warm up.

This is all I could come up with. I took this in 1966 of a C-170A panel.

PICT0253.JPG

Or this:

narco_superhomer_6107e.jpg

The old radios really bring back memories of my grandad's old planes and some of the trades my father took in. Our old family 310 had two Mark 12A radios. It didn't take them that long to warm up.

My dad's old '65 C-150E had a 90-channel Mark 12 (not 'A'). I remember going to the self-service vacuum-tube testing machine at the local Thrifty drug store with a box full of tubes from the Mk 12.

IFR flying was fun with that radio. Keying the mic to transmit on the com side disabled the nav side, and the VOR/LOC indicator would go dead for as long as the button was pushed.

Last edited:
Back