Narco Mk12D trays....What am I missing?

wilkersk

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
KennyW
The dreaded Grumman nightmare plane has reared its ugly head again. The Narco Mk12D won't lock into the tray because someone (not me) buggered up the latch-key on the tray.

I bought a replacement tray that is labeled "Narco Mk12D TSO" on the side rail. But, it does not look at all like the tray that is in the airplane. And, more importantly, the radio will not fit into it.

Can anyone explain to me why there are 2 different style trays that are supposedly for the Narco Mk12D?

The pic on the left is like the one I'm trying to replace. The pic on the right is like the one I got from Ebay that doesn't fit the radio.

53208960643_36b47ba159_c.jpg

I ran into this.....there are a couple of variations....are the slide in connections the same? some units were for direct replace of original stock radios (ARC brand) such as cessna which use a flat connection as generic narcos and others have different type.

also, some mk12 have glide slope antenna connector which has different tray for this as well.

I have replaced the LED screen a few times on my radios which seem to be an Achilles heel like, as new replacements are hard to find. i will upgrade mine next time screen fails.

Back