Narco Com 11A

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Is it a legal Radio?

Tom - if it is a 360 channel, then no I do not think it is. If is a 720, I think you can still use it but won't get the 40 channels that a 760 gets. I see they make a slide in 760 replacement (TKM) unit, so even if it is not legal, you could slide in a radio that is. It has been a while since they made those changes (early 90s?).

All I know about it is that when Tom Downey asks a simple question we all end up learning something.

All I know about it is that when Tom Downey asks a simple question we all end up learning something.

About the only thing you'll learn here was I didn't know if it was or not.

Regarding post #2. I recently pulled my Narco 11B out and replaced it with a TKM MX11. It is a direct slide in and works well. I a used one for $550, new ones can be had for about $950.

It says more about the radio, Av shops don't see them.

Only ones that live a very sheltered life. The two shops I use have piles of these historical pieces and the FCC frequency tolerance issue ought to be well known and frankly took about 5 seconds of google to dig up the reference at the FCC site.

If you have a shop who thinks that Garmin is the only manufacturer out there, perhaps you should avoid them on classic aircraft.

Only ones that live a very sheltered life. The two shops I use have piles of these historical pieces and the FCC frequency tolerance issue ought to be well known and frankly took about 5 seconds of google to dig up the reference at the FCC site.

If you have a shop who thinks that Garmin is the only manufacturer out there, perhaps you should avoid them on classic aircraft.
Who said anything about Garmin?

My Electronic guy said he had not seen one in a long time and couldn't remember which was legal and which wasn't.

Some times life is that simple.

Back