Narco AT-150 Schematic

Cruzinchris

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cruzinchris
Anybody got one I can borrow? ATC reports that my altitude is correct, but code is wrong. He wouldn't tell me what it was squawking.

I want to keep this thing running until I am forced to upgrade.

Fly on.

Thanks Bob. I guess I should have been more specific. Looking for the schematic for the inside of the unit. I am going to start by cleaning the switches, but I would like the schematic to refer to while I am in there.

If no one can provide a schematic, ESSCO Aircraft carries a maintenance manual for a 1976 Narco AT150...$50

I have a friend with a Narco 150 sitting in a box. Recently removed, working, from a friend's plane. He'd probably sell it for $50-100. Encoder included. Let me know if interested.

Thanks for the offer. I already have one some sent me. Going to try it this weekend.

For practical purposes you need a test set to do this right.

If you can find a friendly ATC outlet have them read back the numbers you dial in. Often a bit gets stuck on (remember that the transponder code is 4 8-bit digits).
The next question is whether the mode C is jumping around as well. If that is the case there's something wrong deep in the transponder. If it's only the mode A that's wrong, then cleaning, replacing the switches behind the knobs might help.

Note you can't legally replace that unit as an owner-pilot.

ATC is reporting okay altitude, no squawk code at all. I knew cleaning the switches was a long shot, but worth a try.

Thanks, I know the legality.

Back