Napa / Sonoma fly-in ideas

sfbaytom

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
sfbaytom
Hi guys,

I'm looking to pop over to somewhere in Napa or Sonoma for a nice spot of lunch.

Anyone have any recommendations in that direction?

Thanks,

Tom

Petaluma (O69) has a great on-airport diner, and it's a fun airport with lots of interesting activity.

Ditto, the Two Niner Diner is a good spot for lunch. Always lots of airport activities as well.

I've heard Santa Rosa has a new restaurant although I haven't been there yet.

If you really want something special fly to Napa, rent a car and go to Domain Chandon for lunch. It will probably make you forget about fuel prices but it's a fantastic meal.

Joe

If you really want something special fly to Napa, rent a car and go to Domain Chandon for lunch. It will probably make you forget about fuel prices but it's a fantastic meal.

Joe

Joe:

If you are not spending the night, that sounds like torture to me... no wine before flying, right?

Jonesy's (at Napa, KAPC)! We loved it!

http://www.napacountyairport.org/Site/7/0/9/VisitorsOccupants.aspx said:
Jonesy's Famous Steakhouse offers a view of the airfield while diners enjoy specially prepared beef steaks. Jonesy's also features fried chicken and fish selections, pasta dishes, large salads with Jonesy's Famous Bleu Cheese Dressing, and award-winning special potatoes. Cocktails and a select wine list available in the lounge and restaurant.

The dining room and lounge are open Monday through Sunday. Restaurant hours are 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Coffee is served in the lounge beginning at 10 a.m. Banquet facilities are available. For information call 707-255-2003.

Joe

The other advantage of Santa Rosa is that there is an air museum there with airplanes like Joe's!

Back