Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
What does it remind you of?

HiperBipe.jpg

Isn't it a Bede?

Reminds me of a BD(what- 4?) with an extra wing.

Oy, looked it up-

izzat for real?!?

fgcason said:
Hyperbipe
No, it's a Sorrell SNS-7 Hyper Bipe:D

I have no idea who Sorrell is/was. I see structural details which strongly suggest Stinson and Bellanca.

Richard said:

So I missed the serial number... :rolleyes: Close enough. It's still a Hyperbipe. :p

Richard said:
I have no idea who Sorrell is/was. I see structural details which strongly suggest Stinson and Bellanca.

The first time I saw two of them on a ramp together the first thought that came to mind was some convoluted version of a Bellanca.
The elevator on those things look really weird. It looks like they forgot to put it on then just cut it out of the horiz stabilizer.

Mr. Sorrell (Stephen Sorrell) was the individual who built the original aircraft .

It appears the kit is under consideration for re-introduction.

http://www.skiesthelimitaviation.com/Contact-Us/

Joann Osterud, first female pilot for Alaska Airlines, used to do an aerobatic act in a HyperBipe. I met her once when she came to perform at the Hammond, LA airshow several years ago. Not long after that she set a world record for the number of consecutive outside loops and one for inverted flight duration.

Richard said:

Last edited:
Looks like a Stinson or Bellanca to me.

Back