Name the plane--Advanced category

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Duree_5.jpg

That'd be a cessna 190 or 195 in really really nice shape.

That Cessna has more class than any one plane should be allowed to have.

Last edited:
infotango said:
That'd be a cessna 190 or 195 in really really nice shape.
What if I were to say, nope, that's not it, would it be sufficient to give others hope in being the first to get it right?

165 Airmaster?

Thats the only other plane I can think of which has those y-yokes and that console around the throttle.

I guess that's why it is the advanced category!

No, you got it right. It's a -195. I was just being a stinker...I thought it would be tough except for Greg B and maybe one or 2 others. You got it pretty fast.

For more beautiful pictures of this exceptional airplane, click here:

http://www.cessna195.org/gallery/

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
That's a great, classic picture! Anyone we know?
The picture is from the Cessna195 photo gallery, don't know the people.

A friend of mine has that same exact car in his collection and it is in bristol condition. I have driven it on occasions, like those nice sunny days. You remember driving those old boats? Prepare to come about! It's like trying to turn a battleship in a marina. Even still, the cool factor is up in the stratosphere even just along for the ride, let alone behind the wheel.

Driving that puppy to the grass strip where your baby is waiting...now that would be the ticket.

Richard said:
No, you got it right. It's a -195. I was just being a stinker...I thought it would be tough except for Greg B and maybe one or 2 others. You got it pretty fast.

No, not that hard. At first I thought it might be a Beech, with the piano keys switches, but then I saw the push button start and mag settings, that and the throttle quadrant arrangement screamed old classic Cessna, and the only ones that nice inside were the 190-195's.

Other of us would have gotten that one quickly.

Richard said:
Richard, when you hover over thread before actually opening it, it says Cessna 195 in there. But what a beauty!

wangmyers said:
Richard, when you hover over thread before actually opening it, it says Cessna 195 in there. But what a beauty!
So....you're saying you got it right too? A point for you--as soon as I spread some around.

Richard said:
You remember driving those old boats? Prepare to come about! It's like trying to turn a battleship in a marina. Even still, the cool factor is up in the stratosphere even just along for the ride, let alone behind the wheel.

Driving that puppy to the grass strip where your baby is waiting...now that would be the ticket.

Nope, never drove one but sure saw some nice ones drive by waiting for the school bus and still admire them in many ways. By the time I first got behind the wheel it was in a Barracuda, a big Mercury and a T-Bird.

Richard said:
So....you're saying you got it right too? A point for you--as soon as I spread some around.
No, Richard, what he's saying is that if you put your cursor over the thread in the Hangar Talk front page, it shows the img url for the photo - with www.cessna195.org right smack in the middle of it! :D So the answer's just sitting there in front of ya before you even open up the thread!

;)

My first car was a 1954 Buick Special. What a tank. 264 ci V8, Dynaflow (Dynaflush!) transmission. Enough room in the back seat to get lost in (even with the front seat all the way back). They don't make them like that anymore. And both of my Jeeps get better gas mileage, too.

Now, that 195. I'd love to fly in one of those. Just classic.

Back