Name the Old Airfield in AZ

Try pilotsofarizona.com for better guesses.

One of Luke's AUX fields taken prior to construction. I'd say Berdsley.

I'm going to call it Luke Satellite Field #3 / Luke Auxiliary Army Airfield #A1 / Luke Auxiliary Army Airfield #1 / Wittman Field, Glendale, AZ

Ok then, I'll go to the next level... name the "old" plane

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 39
Cool! I was gonna say that but couldn't remember the name. Figured maybe Shorts made 'em, did they?

Short Brothers made them I think starting late 60's , then they moved to the 330's and 360's. They also did a version of the Tucano for the RAF and then Bombardier purchased them late 80's early 90's.

I flown Co Pilot in a Twin Otter at Sky Diving Arizona as a paid customer ride along and it was cool.

I would like to do a ride along in those Sky Vans. I wonder if the still allow ride alongs.

Seems like years ago some company was converting them into campers so that you could fly somewhere, land, and you're all set. Might be another plane but seems like it was a Skyvan.

Last edited:
Seems like years ago some company was converting them into campers so that you could fly somewhere, land, and you're all set. Might be another plane but seems like it a Skyvan.

Surprisingly there is still a large number of them in service. I think there were shipped with Garrett engines but don't know if there was an alternative.

Back