Name that plane

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
When Barb and I flew up to meet Kim at K81 for lunch yesterday, we saw this airplane at the airport. I went over and talked with the pilot. Looks like a fun airplane and evidently it is capable of doing aerobatics. It's also considered as being a war bird.

No one has been able to guess what it is on the red board. Anyone here want to try? I'm assuming that Steve will know. :yes:

Attachments

• Name that airplane.jpg
    Name that airplane.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Name that airplane 2.jpg
    Name that airplane 2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 54
When Barb and I flew up to meet Kim at K81 for lunch yesterday, we saw this airplane at the airport. I went over and talked with the pilot. Looks like a fun airplane and evidently it is capable of doing aerobatics. It's also considered as being a war bird.

No one has been able to guess what it is on the red board. Anyone here want to try? I'm assuming that Steve will know. :yes:

Pretty sure that's a Bull Dog.

A local pilot here has one of the few Bull Dogs flying here in the states. Fully aerobatic, stick -- the works.

And the prop goes the wrong way.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scottish Aviation Bulldog

It's a Bulldog, all right... but the reg (N32728) comes up as a Cherokee Six in the database. :confused:

Stinson Sentinel.

:D

Yes, that is a Bull Dog. Several show up at OSH every year. I believe it was the replacement for the Chipmunk for primary training in the RAF.

-Ryan

It's a Bulldog, all right... but the reg (N32728) comes up as a Cherokee Six in the database. :confused:
Clean your glasses, then look up N8272R.:)

A local pilot here has one of the few Bull Dogs flying here in the states. Fully aerobatic, stick -- the works.

And the prop goes the wrong way. :rolleyes:

???? What engine does it have? There are about 55 of them in the FAA database, and most are listed with Lycoming IO-360s. About 15 don't list the engine type.

Ron Wanttaja

???? What engine does it have? There are about 55 of them in the FAA database, and most are listed with Lycoming IO-360s. About 15 don't list the engine type.

Ron Wanttaja

I'll have to ask. The owner had it shipped to the states. Apparently parts are VERY hard to find and crazy expensive.

Looking at the picture, the prop on this one turns the "right" way (clockwise as viewed from the cockpit).

Looking at the picture, the prop on this one turns the "right" way (clockwise as viewed from the cockpit).
Yep, it's one of those listed in the FAA database as powered by a Lycoming IO-360. Dan McCormack said there was one on his field where the prop turned the other way...my posting was asking what THAT plane had for an engine.

Ron Wanttaja

Yep, it's one of those listed in the FAA database as powered by a Lycoming IO-360. Dan McCormack said there was one on his field where the prop turned the other way...my posting was asking what THAT plane had for an engine.

Ron Wanttaja

I was at VVS today, but no joy on the Bulldog...

I'll check again later this week...

Back