Name that airport

kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Okay, folks, who wants to play another round of "name that airport"?

If you get stuck, use these:
hint #1
hint #2
hint #3
hint #4

The airport is in the distance, in the upper slightly left side of the photo.

Ed, Bruce, Toby, and Dave are not permitted to guess because they've been reading my emails. :)

--Kath

As a former New Englander I will have to guess. It might be Leconia NH on Lake Winaspakee(can't spell)? Or it is further north into Maine and it could be Rockland County airport. It sure likes New England

John J

Last edited:
Steve said:
Looking down the approach end of 21 from Perry's Monument.

(I think so, anyway - the near field looks a little different from how I remember it, but it's been 2 years since I've been on that observation deck.)

Liz

Can I play too? I've got a couple. Airport 1 should be pretty easy. Airport 2 not so much so.

Did this work?

kath said:
Correct! 3W2.
I stopped here coming home from the big trip.
--Kath

Nice website, Kath. I really enjoyed reading it. Your description of the feeling you get entering IMC is spot on.

Everskyward said:
Can I play too? I've got a couple. Airport 1 should be pretty easy. Airport 2 not so much so.

Did this work?

#1 would be Telluride...

kath said:
Correct! 3W2.
I stopped here coming home from the big trip.
--Kath
I really enjoyed reading your story Kath - it sounds like it was the best kind of flying adventure, the kind that pushes your envelope a little without being seriously scary.

BTW if I may ask, what did you have to pay at BKL? I was royally reamed by Million Air there in March, $38 in ramp fees (disguised as a landing fee) for parking a Cardinal there for 4 hours, then another $5 a month later (the REAL landing fee, from the Port Authority).

Liz

ejensen said:
Not sure but #2 might be Silver West (C08).
Nope. It's not in Colorado although it in an adjoining state.

Hint: That's a road crossing the runway and it's definitely a one-way airport because of the slope.

azure said:
BTW if I may ask, what did you have to pay at BKL?

I went to the other FBO, Avitat (a.k.a. Business Aircraft Center or something). No fees with fuel purchase ($15 without fuel purchase). I paid only for fuel, plus the bill from the city for something like $7 which will arrive in the mail at some point. They also let me borrow the crew car to go for lunch.

--Kath

Last edited:
Back