Name Nick's New Dog

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So far, I've named every dog in the spirit of aviation.

First was Piper (named after the airplane)
Then Otto (named after a local VOR)

Now, we have a new, female Blue Heeler Puppy.

Female aviation name ideas anyone? (Amelia was already shot down by both of us).

Winner gets a...I dunno. Hot Dog or something from Sams Club.

If she's as smart as most heelers, just call her Einstine.

Female aviation name ideas anyone? (Amelia was already shot down by both of us).

Aerial

MMM you could call her Quimby after Harriet Quimby first woman to fly the English Chanel, Or WASP after of course the W.A.S.Ps or 99 most folks will think your talking about Agent 99 not the 99s. oooooh how about Martha?

Ya know it doesn't have to be a female name it could be something like Garmin

Last edited:
How about a photo?? Might be easier to think of a name if we saw her! :) OK... I just want to see her. Puppies are so cute! You could always go through the phoenetic alphabet and use Juliet or Sierra.

Last edited:
I recently saw a film on Pancho Barnes (woman). She was a pretty cool lady.

It's simple and cheesy to quite cheesy, but she's a Blue Heeler, you like the Blue Board, aviation got its start in North Carolina, and I remember you mentioning something about moving to Winston-Salem.

So, why not something like...Carolina?

I recently saw a film on Pancho Barnes (woman). She was a pretty cool lady.

That's my suggestion. She sounds like quite a character. There's also Harriett Quimby, first licensed female pilot.

It's simple and cheesy to quite cheesy, but she's a Blue Heeler, you like the Blue Board, aviation got its start in North Carolina, and I remember you mentioning something about moving to Winston-Salem.

So, why not something like...Carolina?

And, she could be Carrie for short. :yes:

Clear

my uncle had a blue heeler. very smart dog.

You might want to do an annual on your vacuum cleaner and replace belts, hoses and bags. Heelers leave quite a bit of themselves on the couch or floor, or wherever they spend time.

Our last Heeler was named Fonzie, so you can tell it's been a while. When we went to the roping pen, his job was to work the calves up the alley into the squeeze chute, then come over and sit on a post by the chute boss. As the calves all got roped and turned loose at the end of the pen, he would be shaking with excitement, knowing he was going to get to go down and herd them back into the alley again.

The dog has been named:

Pilot Brennan.

Its a little on the nose, but we figured, with a dog named "Otto," it was a natural fit.

Actually, she picked the name herself. We had narrowed it down to Pilot or Sierra, and she kept responding to Pilot, so she wanted that to be her name.

Close 2nd choice, and probably going to be her middle name? Carolina. Great idea David!

As for picture? One coming any moment now.

The dog has been named:

Pilot Brennan.

Its a little on the nose, but we figured, with a dog named "Otto," it was a natural fit.

Actually, she picked the name herself. We had narrowed it down to Pilot or Sierra, and she kept responding to Pilot, so she wanted that to be her name.

Close 2nd choice, and probably going to be her middle name? Carolina. Great idea David!

As for picture? One coming any moment now.

Glad to help, looking forward to the pictures. :D

My dog has three names, too - she's adopted, so her middle name is her former last name.

Easier than "Valentine the Wonder Rat."

Can't wait to see your pups, Nick.

Aw shucks, I missed the naming fun... I had thought of Lennie, short for lenticular because blue heelers are contained energey ....

Pilot is good

Amelia, Jackie, Pancho..... Maybe some other famous aviatrix.

Many Heeler's have quirky personalities and are funny to watch. They are smart as hell, but give an impression of aloofness when being trained, or when asked to do something.

A Lab will fetch and stand there waiting for a pat or to see if you are going to throw it again, while a Heeler will almost shrug as if to say "why does that silly bastid want me to get that damn ball again?" They will get the ball and bring it back, but then just toss it at you and go about whatever they were doing before.

whatever you end up naming her, take my word for it, you'll end up appending the phrase "... the Insane Cattle Dog" to it... but I sure loved ol' Mica, till he went insane. :eek: Well, loved him even then, but couldn't let the situation stand as it was.

Any here's the picture!! My new baby!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pilot.jpg
    Pilot.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 107
I like dogs. She looks like a keeper to me.

And never, but never, call a heeler "insane" until you've owned a rat terrier. Trust me on this. Heelers are lethargic slugs compared to ratters.

Had a Rat Terrier as a kid. Holy crap. Nuff said. Nick, that puppy has the same expression my Aussie has. "I am gonna change your life, get used to it!":goofy::goofy:

Just start mixing in Pitot with Pilot and she'll get used to that, too, and then just reduce the number of Pilots - she's new enough you'd probably have it changed in a week or two. ;)

Blue Heeler?

Sounds like an umbrella drink.

Back