Name Nicks Dog

Someone else had suggested Worf in reference to STNG. How about Porthos, Captain Archers dog from Star Trek Enterprise.

tonycondon said:
my favorite is Clear!

It occurs to me that this might not be a good name for a dog spending his time at the airport. Imagine if he goes running to everybody who calls his name ....

Since it's part German, what about.....

Flugtag

N2212R said:
Since it's part German, what about.....

Flugtag

or Focke Wulf <--my personal favorite :rofl:

or Heinkel

or Messerschmitt

or Junkers

or Stuka.

MSmith said:
It occurs to me that this might not be a good name for a dog spending his time at the airport. Imagine if he goes running to everybody who calls his name ....

Yep, its supposed to be funny. The old airport dogs name was Clear, but he never answered to it... harharhar

smigaldi said:
My Top 10

1. Worf
2. Bogie
3. Baxter
4. Stay
5. Buddy
6. Milo
7. Dusty
8. Darcy
9. Nicolas
10. Sam

Scott, if he Nick named him Nicolas, when he starts dating a woman...all she would have to do is say "Nicholas" and the dog and Nick, BOTH coming running.

Also I really like the name Darcy.

wow - great suggestions guys! I don't know which one is best, but so far, I like Flugtag and Focke Wulf. Anyone that hears it won't know right away that they're aviation related, but those that will, will think its clever. More importantly, I guess, it to find out which one he likes best :D

Thanks guys.

German? Aviation related? How about Fokker? Well, maybe not. :rolleyes:

OK, here's another suggestion. How about Baron after the Baron Von Richthofen?

Last edited:
tonycondon said:
my favorite is Clear!

What, so he'd come running anytime someone was about to start their engine? Might be a short life.

A good test of a dog name is to yell it out. This is what you may have to do to call the dog back. When you yell it think what other people will hear or think they hear.

Everskyward said:

This is probably not a good name :rolleyes:

Just think 'FOKKER, FOKKER, GET OVER HERE FOKKER!!'

inav8r said:
My humorous Suggestion: HogDog

Going with the SkyDog theme, How about FlyDog? Then we'd have SkyHog and his FlyDog! :D

Nick, I think SkyDog is a great name. The more people actually know you're "SkyHog," the cooler SkyDog becomes! :yes:

Last edited:
Everskyward said:

OK, here's another suggestion. How about Baron after the Baron Von Richthofen?

Baron... Like that

I have a Golden Retriever named Baxter, Named after Gordan Baxter.
He loves to fly,
Joe:goofy:

Here I thought Nick named him Skydog. I thought that worked for me. But then, I use Fokker all the time. I just spell it differently.

My suggestion is AREVEE (RV). Because he's cute and little for now.
Dave G.

The dog has been named. His name is Piper, and he seems to already respond to it. What a great dog!

Now to get him to stop peeing on the carpet :D At least he already poops outside.

SkyHog said:
The dog has been named. His name is Piper, and he seems to already respond to it. What a great dog!

Now to get him to stop peeing on the carpet :D At least he already poops outside.

Nick if this is your first time with a puppy (or not) I suggest you visit http://www.perfectpaws.com/htrp.html
we did, and training was a breeze!
Regards, KD
You know I gotta LOVE that name wtg!!!

Last edited:
Brand P dog. Sigh.

I had a horse once that I named Skyhawk. I wanted to name him Cessna, but my husband (a helicopter pilot) put his foot down and said that was too much, so we settled on Skyhawk (guess what kind of plane I own?).

Judy

Back