Name Correction

N

Name

Hello all!

I received my first-class medical today and realized that it does not include my middle name. Strange because I know that I put it on my MedXpress account. Is this a huge deal? Does anyone know how to fix this issue? My first and last names are correct.

Thanks!

Go back to the AME to get it fixed. Mine was completely misspelled. I don't know how this even manages to happen when everything is computerized.

The FAA changed my gender when I got married.

The FAA changed my gender when I got married.
Musta made it a little awkward at home... :)

I don't know how this even manages to happen when everything is computerized.
Dee, my former boss, used to tell me that "before we had computers it took two men three days to make this many mistakes."

It might have been easier to have the surgery than fix the records.

That was over thirty years ago so maybe they didn’t have the out of control data reproduction we have nowadays. I probably wrote them a letter and that took care of it.

These days, Lord help you. I just had a medical insurance claim denied because they said I was on another plan… a plan that I had been on and left, ten years ago, when my husband quit that job. That insurance company didn’t even have a record that I’d ever been with them (even though I had been… it must have been archived), but my current insurance company still had in some obscure database that the other old plan was primary. Funny thing is, for the past ten years the new company has been paying my claims, and for some unknown reason, their record of my old plan popped up like a resurrected zombie in July of this year. It came back and hit me like a metoo allegation. Data replication is a serious, under appreciated problem.

Recently received from a government system ...

upload_2021-11-17_10-9-59.png

If you think that's bad, some years ago my mother in law got bit by a dog and required stitches, so naturally an insurance claim was filed. A few years prior, she was in a car accident with no injuries. The insurance handling the dog bite kept asking for information on the other vehicle and couldn't seem to understand how ridiculous that was. It took several years to straighten out, all the while the hospital was sending collection notices.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back