NAFI Picture

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Well Im about to send in my application for NAFI Master CFI. I have to include a picture of myself. Here are the requirments from their FAQ:

* should be aviation oriented medium resolution JPEGs showing only the Master or the Master as the picture's primary focus;
* should depict the Master as a professional aviation educator in or around an aircraft, a classroom, a simulator or other instructional setting, but certainly not a "mug shot";
* should show the Master professionally dressed in a NAFI / MCFI or flight school shirt (avoid shorts, T-shirts & sunglasses) and not in close proximity to propeller blades.

From their photo gallery, the T-shirt/sunglasses thing seems to be somewhat relaxed. Here are the pictures Im choosing from:

IMG_0031.JPG

P1010011.JPG

DSC02005.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

your thoughts?

I'm with Kent, and Jay on this...definately thelast shot.

I have a very slight preference for picture #1 over the last one (forget the other two), primarily because IMO you shouldn't tilt your head relative to the aircraft in a turn. Was that a slip?

I have a very slight preference for picture #1 over the last one (forget the other two), primarily because IMO you shouldn't tilt your head relative to the aircraft in a turn. Was that a slip?

No...I never noticed it until Matt took that picture, but I seem to tilt my head during turns. Now ever since then, Ive noticed it EVERY time I turn. So im trying to break myself of that habit.

It also may have had something to do with the fact that I was trying to see around Matt's fat head during the turn so that I could see the towplane.

What's wrong with this one!? CFI leading the 'student'. mwahaha..

Attachments

• HPIM2669.JPG
    HPIM2669.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
haha chris. i dont think that meets the first requirement

The last one but rather than Dave's suggestion... photoshop a shave. :)

I think the tilt adds to the picture. Plenty of people tilt their head in photos.

Last one, tilt or no. It jumps out, big-time.

Unfortunately this photo doesn't comply with requirement #1, but it's almost as good as Fat Albert...

Picture.jpg

Pete

I think Chris's suggestion is the best. That picture is from when Chris earned his Comm and I earned my ATP, so I'd say it doesn't get much more instructional than that! :)

I think the tilt adds to the picture. Plenty of people tilt their head in photos.

I think it's a good pic, but it exemplifies a bad habit as tilting of the head can lead to spacial disorientation.

Well let's try again....

Attachments

• Tony%20gets%20ready%20to%20meet%20Fat%20Albert%202.jpg
    Tony%20gets%20ready%20to%20meet%20Fat%20Albert%202.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

You could always add the explanation that you were looking around the front seater. I'd buy that.:rolleyes:

I think it's a good pic, but it exemplifies a bad habit as tilting of the head can lead to spacial disorientation.

So true. Every time I ask my dog a question he gets spatially disoriented.

im so glad that im now self aware of this. was doing steep turns today with a student and could hardly help myself from tilting my head. i think part of the problem is im always craning my head to look for traffic etc.

While you're at it you could add a floppy white hat.

How about a floppy TIN FOIL hat!

"Of course lenticular clouds aren't flying saucers. The aliens hide their flying saucers INSIDE the lenticular clouds"

FWIW, I prefer #1. Looks more professional, I guess.

As for the tinfoil hat:

"I-buh tell you, thu-bose a-baliens, they's a-balways tryin' to ruh-bead my muh-bind......"

:D

FWIW, I prefer #1. Looks more professional, I guess.

As for the tinfoil hat:

"I-buh tell you, thu-bose a-baliens, they's a-balways tryin' to ruh-bead my muh-bind......"

:D

Oh wait... that's wrong. Dumb Donald was the one who wore the weird hat, not Mushmouth. Been a looong time... hey hey hey!!!

Back