[NA] Your experiences with Fire TV & Hulu? [NA]

DaleB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DaleB
This question is pretty much just for people using Hulu on a Fire TV device.

We're in the process of trying out a Fire TV Cube and Hulu with live TV to replace our cable subscription. It looks like between that and Ooma Premier (which we've had for about 3 months now) we can trim about $100 off our monthly expense. It's an adjustment, but maybe worth it.

Hulu is a mixed bag. Even though it has live TV, it lacks a program guide -- apparently just due to Hulu's "Do it our way, not your way" attitude. Pretty lame an an Apple sort of way, but maybe not a deal breaker. However, so far we've had at least one failure per night. The Hulu app has frozen solid a couple of times, requiring a force close and restart. A few times we've gotten just the completely wrong stream. General Hospital in place of Vikings (W T actual F?), or Stargate SG-1 in place of something else. Weird stuff. Fire TV cube seems to work well, but once in a while there are some inconvenient bugs -- audio from the wrong app, etc. And having that and an Echo within earshot of each other gets a little annoying; we'll tell the TV cube to do something, and the Echo will whine about not being able to do it.

Tried Hulu for a while. Had it on. Fire stick and on a Roku box. Can't recall a lot of problems other than the lack of a guide. Changed to DirecTV NOW and we now have a TCL TV with Roku built in.

Tried Hulu for a while. Had it on. Fire stick and on a Roku box. Can't recall a lot of problems other than the lack of a guide. Changed to DirecTV NOW and we now have a TCL TV with Roku built in.
We had "direct" for our M/H was a real pain to get connected each time we moved (tail gater)

Have Hulu. Way back when, content selection wasn't to my liking. But lately they have added "next day" streaming of shows I like from Fox and ABC. And the catalog of movies has gotten better. So I am liking it and would say it is worth the trial period.

Also have Netflix. Their anime selection has exploded (good thing) and they have many other titles and series that are binge worthy. Their version of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is one of their best.

Used Hulu on the original Fire Stick with no issues. It did have problems streaming Facebook live feeds (how we attend church services sometimes).

Dropped Hulu after 6 months or so as I just didn’t get much value from their selection at the time but it functioned just fine. I just picked up a 4K Fire Stick recently and it is much snappier in operation as well as having no problem streaming Facebook Live feeds.

We have SlingTV and Amazon Prime. We use a Tablo for DVR on OTA local channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back