[NA] Wow...I'm offended!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I can't believe it. I'm sitting at my desk (where most employees are females), and someone walks in with a box of calendars. I figure its regular Comcast swag (Showtime, HBO, or Starz Calendars). So I grab one.

"Hot Firefighters"

Ok...now if I brought in a calendar with nudie chicks on it, I'd be slapped with a sexual harrassment claim so fast, and that's without even making one of the girls pick up the calendar. I actually had to see this damn calendar.

Ugh. (I'm not really offended, just flabbergasted that it happened in the first place).

yeah, right... try pushing that position thru to HR ...

take a picture of it. You never know when you might need to play that card. :)

Actually, if you are truly offended by the calender, go to your HR department - by law they are require to respond to your complaint. BTW, using this incident as "ammo" to defend some future behavior won't cover your butt, it will only make sure you don't go out alone...

JohnL said:
BTW, using this incident as "ammo" to defend some future behavior won't cover your butt, it will only make sure you don't go out alone...
Which, in some situations, is enough.

JohnL said:
Actually, if you are truly offended by the calender, go to your HR department - by law they are require to respond to your complaint. BTW, using this incident as "ammo" to defend some future behavior won't cover your butt, it will only make sure you don't go out alone...

Nah - I'm not offended. I just can't believe the double standard wrt sexual harrassment.

I'm young enough to have this be my first experience with it, I guess I'll get used to it.

One of my secretaries has one of those hung up by her computer. The comments I can therefore innocently make to her and anyone else leafing through it (including double standard issues) are well worth it...

NickDBrennan said:
I can't believe it. I'm sitting at my desk (where most employees are females), and someone walks in with a box of calendars. I figure its regular Comcast swag (Showtime, HBO, or Starz Calendars). So I grab one.

"Hot Firefighters"

Ok...now if I brought in a calendar with nudie chicks on it, I'd be slapped with a sexual harrassment claim so fast, and that's without even making one of the girls pick up the calendar. I actually had to see this damn calendar.

Ugh. (I'm not really offended, just flabbergasted that it happened in the first place).

Steve said:
I need a job where most employees are females...for strictly platonic reasons, of course.

Aside from a select few, most of the women aren't much to look at. Oh - and they're lacking personalities also. This place is so repetetive that it sucks all personality away from people (except me, so far :))

NickDBrennan said:
Aside from a select few, most of the women aren't much to look at. Oh - and they're lacking personalities also. This place is so repetetive that it sucks all personality away from people (except me, so far :))
Simple - go get a Hooters calendar and hang it on your wall.

Both calendars will be gone by mid-next week...

Steve said:
I need a job where most employees are females...for strictly platonic reasons, of course.
I recall one place where my staff (all of whom I hired) was collectively referred to as "Ken's harem." Sigh. Those were the days!

Back