[NA] Wix, Squarespace, etc...

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I have a need to create a simple website or two for some small personal business ventures. I don’t need anything elaborate or complicated. Just something that looks good on the different platforms and devices, especially mobile devices like the phones. Maybe a form or two and a few other widgets.

I know of Wix and SquareSpace. But also want to hear what others might be a better solution.

I’d like it to be easy enough to use that I can manage this part-part-time. And not take away too much from the flying budget.

You might look at Siteground.

Nate will be along momentarily to pontificate about Wordpress.

I think Siteground has options other than Wordpress.

Go to Upwork.com and get a freelancer to bust it out for ya. Why learn what you can rent very inexpensively?

Having a blonde senior Aggie moment....

What is the name of the fellow from Sparrowfart NY who did web stuff?

Having a blonde senior Aggie moment....

What is the name of the fellow from Sparrowfart NY who did web stuff?

You thinking of @RJM62 ?

If wix or squarespace work for ya, and for what I surmise is a simple bit of brochureware, I think they are just fine.

I hope any pontificating about wordpress there is to be done will be to rant against it. :D

Wordpress is the number one web security hole in the world. LOL. Especially plug ins.

I’ve used Squarespace. It’s fine.

For a static page without a need for a running “blog” or something I’d just pay someone with a graphical eye to write a nice static page including logo work, and host it wherever cheapest for a small biz like CFI work.

Pretty much any well known holster. 1and1, linode, or whatever AWS’s little cheap page hosting service is.

Avoid GoDaddy or any DNS registrar’s hosting in general.

If you need a web store or cart to pay for things, then the answer gets a tad more complex.

Wordpress is the number one web security hole in the world. LOL. Especially plug ins.

I’ve used Squarespace. It’s fine.

For a static page without a need for a running “blog” or something I’d just pay someone with a graphical eye to write a nice static page including logo work, and host it wherever cheapest for a small biz like CFI work.

Pretty much any well known holster. 1and1, linode, or whatever AWS’s little cheap page hosting service is.

Avoid GoDaddy or any DNS registrar’s hosting in general.

If you need a web store or cart to pay for things, then the answer gets a tad more complex.

denverpilot... Why do you say to avoid Godaddy? Also, what would you suggest in this regard for domain names?

denverpilot... Why do you say to avoid Godaddy? Also, what would you suggest in this regard for domain names?

Expensive, bad terms of service, they have a tendency to hijack domain names, just kinda scummy business practices.

I’m currently using namecheap but they were bought and they’re trying to mimic GD. I’ll probably move them to Route53 when they are up for renewal. (Personal stuff. Work stuff is five different providers but mostly name.com.)

Back