[NA]Water heater tstat[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Simple bench test with only a digital multimeter to ascertain ‘trash’ or ‘keep as emergency spare’?

38759783-3020-48F7-AEDA-A374CA00E56C.jpeg

I've saved literally hundreds of flying hours over the years by testing, reusing, extending life on non-aviation things.

Pretty simple to test, the operating range is 120-140 F. The thing should read close to zero ohms sitting on the bench. Get a good boiling cup of water (you'll have to heat it rather than using the tap) and it should open (probably can hear it) and have infinite resistance.

Pretty simple to test, the operating range is 120-140 F. The thing should read close to zero ohms sitting on the bench. Get a good boiling cup of water (you'll have to heat it rather than using the tap) and it should open (probably can hear it) and have infinite resistance.

:yeahthat:

Exactly that.

I’d trash it.

Tested this exact thing when I lost the elements earlier this year. Multimeter said it was good but it would overheat the water to the point off blowing the release valve. It finally damaged the valve to the point I had to replace the entire tank.

Back