[NA]VLEDs[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I can find snippets about VLEDs but cannot find out exactly what they are. Nothing on WikiP, no good results on Google ("vled vs led") so I naturally resort to the all-powerful POA mindhive.
What are VLEDs and how are they different from LEDs?
Presumably being newer they are better; how?
edit: this is in reference to cars, trucks. (I am interested in better interior lighting)

Pretty sure VLED is just a popular LED brand that specializes in automotive style bulbs. I've used them before and have no complaints, but I'm not sure there's much of anything proprietary about their LEDs in particular.

Thanks I just got back from looking around on that I found the same, VLEDs is a brand or LEDs, I think the company is in Washington state.

They were well packaged and I haven't had a problem with them. They are pretty widely recommended so they have built up a good reputation. I remember buying individual LEDs and resistors from them to convert a 300ZX instrument cluster to red backlighting prior to LEDs in automotive bases being a common option. My most recent purchase was a set of their 5K color temp led bulbs for my Excursion running board lights to convert them from incandescent bulbs which were prone to getting wet and blowing if the running boards got submerged. They came in a fancy box for each pair of LEDs. They were $10/pair which isn't cheap, but the build quality was worth it.

Back