NA: Vehicle transportation service

Kevin Holbrook

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mountainlover
Needing to have a vehicle I own moved from Texas to Kentucky.

Googling vehicle transportation provides mostly scams and not-very-trustworthy listings. Suspect search results deliver very few actual companies, most appear to be third parties.

Does anyone know of a legitimate, trustworthy service? More concerned about quality / safety than cost...

Edit: It's a late-model daily driver Silverado pickup, not a classic / concours vehicle

Thanks in advance

I've used U-ship numerous times. Vehicles and disassembled aircraft both. Always been satisfied. I know many others that have used their service with no complaints. Not always the lowest bid, but they get the job done.

Reliable and Pilot are both pretty good, we use Reliable for transporting engineering test vehicles at work exclusively but I have had them no-quote me on some personal vehicle shipments in the past (and used Pilot as a backup).

I’ve shipped several cars and a UTV via AM/PM. They are a broker but all four times have been great. Always had the best price. YMMV.

I’ve used Reliable to ship a car to the outskirts of Philly for a trade and ship the new purchase back to Louisiana. Not the cheapest option but they are….well….Reliable. ;) Very professional and protected both vehicles well.

I’ve gad success with U-ship which is really a broker. I’ve never used Reliable Carriers; those people I know who have used Reliable have had no complaints.

Back