[NA]Update Apple ID settings fail

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is anyone else getting these messages ?.
For over a month, my 2 phones and ipad start up with these notifications and I cant get them shut down:
(I know the appleID is correct because I Iogged off icloud.com, and used it log back on)
All apps are working fine.

BC4A2317-EB74-456B-985A-F80669458311.jpeg 51CD024E-D9FE-4C27-B816-68FDD849E558.jpeg C3AFE15C-F827-42F7-86EC-3B3A2F3C429C.png 35BAB817-0281-4372-ACB6-12F9B5DF3C89.jpeg EF084BD1-0B2D-4228-96C1-2DB69D20DF56.png

Did the same messages appear if you did the "hard boot" restart?

forgot to mention, Mike - yes I’ve rebooted all 3 with no improvement

You might try googling the error message itself. Apple is notorious for having issues that ask you for your password when it's not needed.

I feel for you. My iPad went into the "this iPad needs to be authorized" mode last week. It wouldn't reauthorize itself on wifi (no 4G on this one) saying that the server couldn't be found. Hard boot, no dice. After a couple of hard reboots holding down the home button and power switch while connected to iTunes on the desktop it reauthorize X and all was well.

I directed a few choice words in Apple's direction.

You might try that.

If still messing with this, I’ve seen removing the entire Apple account from the device and re-adding it clear goofiness like this up.

If still messing with this, I’ve seen removing the entire Apple account from the device and re-adding it clear goofiness like this up.

YES!
multiples of multiples of Apple help chats logged; 15 mins ago they promised to call me tomorrow!
How to remove/re-add Apple account?
Zero-risk?

YES!
multiples of multiples of Apple help chats logged; 15 mins ago they promised to call me tomorrow!
How to remove/re-add Apple account?
Zero-risk?

Top of settings click on your account, sign out.

Haven’t done it on iOS in a while, I assume you’ll have to maybe set some things back up when you reconnect it.

If it’s not showing signed in there try from there instead of any pop up account login windows or such.

I got the same error popping up on my IPhone as well as the IPads I owned. My problem went away with one of the Apple IOS updates.

lucky you, I keep mine current and they are still both doing it.
I even spent time with Apple chat and they could not figure it out.
It's fallen in my list of annoyances now so far that I don't hardly notice it.

lucky you, I keep mine current and they are still both doing it.
I even spent time with Apple chat and they could not figure it out.
It's fallen in my list of annoyances now so far that I don't hardly notice it.

Did they do the creepy remote access thing yet? Apple now has remote viewing of iOS for their phone support techs in latest iOS. It asks if they can do it then they can watch everything you do. Built in.

might give that a try sometime Nate, thanks. (not worried bout remote access)

might give that a try sometime Nate, thanks. (not worried bout remote access)

I’m not really either until the hackers get inside Apple, and they will. As long as it asks... ha.

I’m amazed an OS with that built in can be anywhere near certain networks though. Ha.

It’ll get exploited. Everything always is. :)

As far as support goes though, it’s good. And we do similar with company owned devices in the Corp world.

We even got a waiver on having to have it ask the user if it is okay during Covid WFH insanity.

Too many users can’t find a banner message that comes down from the top of all monitors, can’t be covered up by any windows, and asks the question.

I often wonder how they get their jobs done really if they can’t see that. Ha.

Back