[NA]Unjust trial[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am so disgusted with my neighbors, we just had a lawsuit in which a jury decided a tire mfg was guilty to the tune of $16M in a car accident that occured in Mexico.
It came out in the courtroom that the tires were taken out of a scrapyard and installed on a second truck, then onto a third vehicle. They were obviously bald and beyond their reasonable lifespan, and had at least one oversize repair. There was speeding involved and the vehicle had recently passed a safety inspection at a local (US) inspection garage.

I think the jury looked at the 'victim', decided that he needed money because of his injuries, and looked around to decide who among all involved had some. Continental tire was the only one, so they take the blame. What a STUPID stupid system we have. We are all paying for this every day, in hidden ways. I never thought this sort of thing would happen around here. Now we can expect more. Thanks for letting me rant about a non av topic.

Dave, juries sometimes get into a mob mentality, think that when they do stuff like this, it harms "only insurance companies."

Then next day, ***** about the rising prices of goods.

Pathetic.

There oughta be a law against such moronic behavior by a jury.

lancefisher said:
There oughta be a law against such moronic behavior by a jury.

Make the jury pay for the $16M ??

Back