NA Turn this cam into a helmetcam

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How can I mount this Action Camera to my head or to my cap?
Yeah, yeah I can duct tape it to my face, thanks.
The pic shows the accoutrement with which it comes. I am too dense to figure a way to get it onto the bill of my cap. I have laid out the parts in groups;
A. On the bottom left are two fixtures that the camera can attach to.
B. On the bottom right are three things that attach to stuff - the first is a clip (but it is vertical only), the next attaches to a rod, the next is the sticky one (but not sticky enough for my cap's bill)
The other fixtures seem to attach A to B. Then there are velco and plain straps. Not sure what the zipties or lanyard are all about.

Attachments

• photo(17).JPG
    photo(17).JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 29
dang the photo is turned 90° right by the software. Bottom is now on the left. (appears normal on my laptop)

Assuming the camera has a tripod mount, put an appropriate 1/4" screw through the bill of the cap (as far aft as possible to minimize shaking) and mount the camera to the screw.

Wear a simple helmet and attach the cam with self-stick velcro. It's worked for me for many years.

I took an older baseball cap and punched two holes in the bill about the width of a naked GoPro.

Then cinched it down with ty-wraps. Not hard to pop the camera in and out.

Works just fine. I have one video showing the setup in the beginning - I'll see if I can locate it.

OK, still image about 10 seconds in:

As an aside, I think the video shows that the narrower the field of view, the more closely it approximates the real world view.

Last edited:
How can I mount this Action Camera to my head or to my cap?
Yeah, yeah I can duct tape it to my face, thanks.
The pic shows the accoutrement with which it comes. I am too dense to figure a way to get it onto the bill of my cap. I have laid out the parts in groups;
A. On the bottom left are two fixtures that the camera can attach to.
B. On the bottom right are three things that attach to stuff - the first is a clip (but it is vertical only), the next attaches to a rod, the next is the sticky one (but not sticky enough for my cap's bill)
The other fixtures seem to attach A to B. Then there are velco and plain straps. Not sure what the zipties or lanyard are all about.

Assuming the camera has a tripod mount, put an appropriate 1/4" screw through the bill of the cap (as far aft as possible to minimize shaking) and mount the camera to the screw.

Get a Picklehaube helmet, and replace the spike with your camera. Use a 1/4-20 bolt which will fit the tripod mount for the camera.

1424144-helmet_de_bay_spiked_felt2.jpg

This worked perfectly, thanks George.

Back