[NA] Trailcam / Gamecam experts

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
It’s time for a new one.
Anyone up on the latest ?

Mainly want to monitor cattle, from 30-50’ away, at the water tank.
Motion activated with sensitivity controls would be good.
Night imaging important.
Stills are fine, no particular need for video.
It will be too far from any kind of connectivity, however it would be really helpful if I could drive close to it (20’) and bluetooth all recent images to my phone in 3 minutes, without getting out.

Biggest problem with previous cam (Scoutguard) was every wave of the grass would trigger an image, so 1000 photos of twitching grama seedheads per day.

Do you mind high price, high quality, great customer service, and repairs like David Clarks? Get Reconyx. I had one for about 2 decades, no false triggers, high capture rate, quick repair.

I've got a few newer spypoints. They work ok for being cheap. I don't use cams much anymore. Had a few stealthcam a few generations ago that sucked. The damn glare from the sun would set em off.

I refuse to buy anything from wild game innovations after the owner had some poaching charges against him. Shot into a crowd of elk and accidentally hit an antlerless. Shot again and hit the bull. Retrieved the bull. Let the antlerless rot. Someone heard and saw him do it and told the DNR. So yeah, between spite and just being crap product, avoid wild game innovations.

Back