[NA]Tire slime - patent?[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Do the makers of this tire sealant have exclusive rights to the product?
I go through tons of it each year on my mowers thanks to the joy of yardwork in west Texas where 50 mesquite punctures per mowing event is not uncommon.
In fact when I buy a new mower, I immediately tank all tires up with the stuff.
So, not to deny the inventors their due rewards for a great invention - just wondering if any high volume users like me have found a less expensive alternative.
Tried solid rubber tires, isn't that awesome for a little PT on the spine?

How about filling with foam? Haven't tried it, but tons of DIY on YouTube.

There are lots of variations on the theme. The individual formula might be protected but the concept is not. Foaming industrial tires is common. Probably a good solution for a mower. I looked into it for airplane tires once but it was a little too rigid and a little too heavy for my application.

How about filling with foam? Haven't tried it, but tons of DIY on YouTube.
I'd assume that if you fill with foam, you might as well go with solid tires and then you're right back to the compressed vertebrae issues!

Dave, I , like you, keep slime in almost ALL my home/farm equipment. It's great stuff. No mesquite here...honey locust!

Orange Seal makes a cold weather version. That’s my new fav. I’ve used Green Slime and Stan’s No Tubes for years. They both work well. But for constant exposure to thorns? Talk to a tire dealer that services forklifts and construction site equipment.

There's a product called Tireject that many farmers, off road truckers, and loggers use.

Here's Wes and his family putting it through it's paces with a couple shotguns and testing it's leak sealing abilities. I was very impressed!

Foam filling is better than going solid tires, if your ride comfort is of consideration. We have the rear tires on the Kubota tractor foam-filled. They do weigh more, but that's not detrimental to us. We also aren't going around on hard surfaces and at speeds where it matters from a "quality of ride" standpoint.

Do the makers of this tire sealant have exclusive rights to the product?
I go through tons of it each year on my mowers thanks to the joy of yardwork in west Texas where 50 mesquite punctures per mowing event is not uncommon.
In fact when I buy a new mower, I immediately tank all tires up with the stuff.
So, not to deny the inventors their due rewards for a great invention - just wondering if any high volume users like me have found a less expensive alternative.
Tried solid rubber tires, isn't that awesome for a little PT on the spine?

Daym. You need some of those woven wire tires that were put on the Lunar Rover.
large.jpg

There are a lot of MTB'ers out there running DIY sealant (most modern mountain bikes are set up to be run tubeless, and many riders take advantage of this). Google "ghetto tubeless".

Scott

Back