[NA] The last question

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I figure we've asked every other question possible on POA so I gotta ask the very last one.
Here goes.
For some reason this eats at me every time I stay in a hotel.

This weekend I stayed at a clone hotel in Dallas (I always get the same $180 hotels, they are all the same to me & I can't tell them apart.)
Two beds; I only use one. The other one is largely untouched. I might set a pillow on it, or sit on the end of it briefly.
Same with the towels. They set out a variety 10 towels, handtowels, facecloths of which only two I use, the rest remain on the shelf.

So. Do the hotel staff strip both beds and wash all towels whether used or not?
Or do they eyeball the apparently untouched ones and leave them be?
Taking a chance that some ahole has not sabotoged the clean bed/towels.

I’d be willing to wager that they strip both beds.

When I stay in hotels, my question is always "why do they put those signs warning you not to hang hangers from the fire suppression valves"?
If they had enough places for people to hang their coats/suits etc, they wouldn't need those signs.

When I stay in hotels, my question is always "why do they put those signs warning you not to hang hangers from the fire suppression valves"?
If they had enough places for people to hang their coats/suits etc, they wouldn't need those signs.
Have you met the average American? And that's the AVERAGE!

I try not to think about it too hard. I also choose my hotels very carefully. Drury is the only chain I've found that is consistently clean, and even then I've found the odd sock behind the couch. I'd love to know how to find locally owned hotels run by folks like Mary & @Jay Honeck , but I have no idea how to do so, and I suspect they were among the last of their kind.

The nicer places I try to stay in I'd wager dump all the towels in the bin used or not, but I'd also bet they don't bother with an obviously untouched bed. It takes some effort to make the bed look as crisp as they leave it, so I think it'd be pretty obvious to them if someone messed with it.

I bet it’s realistically 50-50, whether they strip the other bed.

This is sort of like the question at restaurants when you only use some of the silverware, does the waitstaff recycle them? Or wash them all? Just to keep everyone honest, I lick all of the utensils.

I try not to think about it too hard. I also choose my hotels very carefully. Drury is the only chain I've found that is consistently clean, and even then I've found the odd sock behind the couch. I'd love to know how to find locally owned hotels run by folks like Mary & @Jay Honeck , but I have no idea how to do so, and I suspect they were among the last of their kind.

The nicer places I try to stay in I'd wager dump all the towels in the bin used or not, but I'd also bet they don't bother with an obviously untouched bed. It takes some effort to make the bed look as crisp as they leave it, so I think it'd be pretty obvious to them if someone messed with it.
Big fan of Drury Hotels. Animal friendly, but spotless in our experience.

I stayed in one of Hilton's Boutique hotels in Seattle once. There were visible **** stains on the exposed part of the sheets.
In their defense, the housekeeper did come quickly and remake the bed for us.

Back